To help breast augmentation patients understand what is needed for their recovery, Pure Aesthetics’ specialist plastic surgeons provide key tips for the post-operative period.
Sydney, NSW – When a patient comes in for a breast augmentation consultation, the specialist plastic surgeons at Pure Aesthetics provide a detailed overview of what they can expect before, during, and after their procedure. The Sydney plastic surgery team strives to educate patients so they can make an informed decision about their care, as well as properly prepare. The surgeons emphasise the recovery period as an especially important time that can impact the quality of one’s results. To help prospective and current patients navigate the healing period after getting breast implants, the plastic surgeons are sharing key tips for ensuring a smooth recovery.
- Arrange for help. While breast augmentation typically has a straightforward recovery, patients will initially feel sore and tired. In addition, they will not be able to drive at first and should refrain from lifting heavy objects, including small children.
- Fill prescriptions beforehand. Mild to moderate discomfort, including a feeling of pressure, is normal immediately after breast augmentation. Even if a patient is unsure if they will need the prescribed pain medication, it is better to fill these prescriptions ahead of time so they are available if needed.
- Take the time for adequate rest. Some patients find it challenging to fully relax after surgery and get enough rest. Slowly returning to walking and activity can help facilitate healing, but patients should make sure to listen to their body and get plenty of sleep.
- Prepare the home for an easy recovery. To reduce the amount of work that needs to be done after surgery, it can help to set up a comfortable area to rest over the first few days, as well as stock up on groceries and entertainment, such as books or movies.
- Follow the provided post-operative care instructions. Since every breast augmentation has a customised surgical plan, the recovery can vary from one person to another. It is important to listen to the plastic surgeon’s instructions and follow them as closely as possible. These are designed to minimise the risk of complications and ensure a healthy recovery.
The plastic surgeons at Pure Aesthetics emphasise that every patient recovers at a different rate from breast augmentation. In general they note that most patients have an initial recovery that lasts 7 to 14 days, with patients often feeling comfortable enough to return to an office-based job within three to five days. The surgeons encourage any breast augmentation patient with questions or concerns about their recovery to not hesitate to ask questions, as this helps to ensure they have a safe and comfortable recovery.
About Pure Aesthetics
Pure Aesthetics is a plastic surgery practice with offices in Sydney CBD and at Macquarie University. Working alongside the practice’s owner, Dr Steve Merten, are specialist plastic surgeons Dr Robert Knight, Dr Justine O’Hara and Dr Kelly Thornbury, as well as Cosmetic Physician Dr Helen Maloof and Dr Noela Ferch. The plastic surgeons have all undergone extensive training from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, and they provide a comprehensive selection of surgical procedures. In addition to breast augmentation, patients can choose from surgeries like the tummy tuck, mummy makeover, gender reassignment, facelift, and much more. The doctors are available for consultations upon request.
Sydney City Office:
149 Macquarie St
Sydney, NSW 2000
02 9252 9262
Macquarie University Office:
2 Technology Pl
Macquarie University, NSW 2109
02 9252 9262