Microdermabrasion is the controlled, physical exfoliation of the top layers of the skin. It removes the old, damaged and dull skin layers to reveal fresher, more radiant, younger-looking skin. By removing skin debris, it corrects or minimises imperfections, blemishes and age damage.
Microdermabrasion can be combined with multivitamin infusions, enhancing the penetration of active ingredients in skin care products by up to 4000%. This further improves general skin texture and tone and can be tailored to suit your skin type and condition.
Meet your Dermal Therapist
Laura (Dermal Therapist)
Meet your Dermal Therapist
- Over 25 years of experience in the skincare industry
- Recognised leader in the field of Dermal Therapies
- One of Australia’s most sought after and highly qualified skincare professionals
- Specialises in skin care, dermal needling for acne scarring, anti-ageing skin rejuvenation and the full range of cosmetic skin treatments including medical microdermabrasion and skin peeling
What are the benefits of Microdermabrasion?
- Non-Invasive, virtually painless
- Quick, walk-in, walk out procedure
- Suitable for all skin types
- Safe and effective
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Assists in smoothing coarse, sun-damaged textured skin
- Improves appearance of acne scars
- Minimises pore size
- Reduces superficial hyper-pigmentation
The procedure: What does it involve?
Microdermabrasion is a painless, non-invasive treatment that takes under an hour to go from dull, lifeless skin to radiant and beaming skin.
It utilises a diamond tip wand with a suction that is applied in a brushstroke manner over the required treatment area.
Microdermabrasion is not a harsh or deep treatment requiring days to heal. Slight flaking and mild redness may occur, which in most cases will subside within 24 hours.
Make up can be applied immediately following the procedure making it a suitable lunchtime procedure.
How many treatments do I need?
Depending on your skin type, treatment plans are tailored to suit your needs and your desired results. Typically, one treatment per fortnight of 6 treatments is required for optimal results.
As part of a maintenance program, one treatment per 2-3 months is recommended.
What products should I use post Microdermabrasion?
By removing the uppermost layer of skin, microdermabrasion encourages new skin cell generation. Procedures can make the skin much more porous and sensitive to sunlight. We recommend that following a after your microdermabrasion treatment:
- Products containing AHA to assist in exfoliation in between treatments such as Luzern Au Vin
- Moisturiser or Hydrating serum to restore the skins barrier such as Luzern Rehydrate
- Sunscreen to protect newly exposed skin such as Luzern La Defence, a broad spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen.
Any more questions?
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions that you might have about Microdermabrasion. Our team will be happy to address any concerns that you may have.